1) It is a great idea to have someone bring music (i.e. MP3 player, IPOD, radio). This really helps to keep things calm and less awkward especially when energy may be low. Some hotel rooms will have radios with audio adapters but having your own docking station or laptop is a safe choice as well.
2) Have your group members bring a sweater or jacket due to the possible chilly temperature of the room. Because our styling tools and studio light generate LOTS of heat, the ac is usually turned down considerably in order to accommodate those in the “hot seat”.
3) “Drinks” and snacks are definitely a must in a celebratory environment. Whether you opt for mimosas or Shirley Temples, be sure to have straws on hand. Just remember to put yours aside when you’re up for hair and makeup.
4) If you have extremely particular family or bridesmaids who are concerned about their hair and makeup, please encourage them to do a trial run. This way there are no surprises on the big day and at the trial run we can take time to ensure they get what they want and are happy.
5) If possible, book a suite to accommodate you and your bridal party during the “getting ready” phase of the day. This eliminates feeling cramped and crowded and everyone can relax and enjoy their time of pampering. This also provides ample space for our setup without concerns of reorganizing home spaces for our use.